Oral and maxillofacial surgery is a branch of surgery to correct
a wide spectrum of diseases, injuries and defects in the head, neck, face, jaws
and the hard and soft tissues of the oral and maxillofacial region.
It is a recognized international surgical specialty and it is
one of the nine specialties of dentistry.
Treatments performed by maxillofacial surgeons include:
- Dentoalveolar surgery (surgery to remove impacted teeth, difficult tooth extractions,
extractions on medically compromised patients, bone grafting or preprosthetic surgery
to provide better anatomy for the placement of implants, dentures, or other dental
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant pathology, cysts, tumors etc.
- Diagnosis and treatment of congenital craniofacial malformations such as cleft lip
and palate and cranial vault malformations such as craniosynostosis, (craniofacial
* Forthcoming Events
* 39th National Conference @ Goa:
www.aomsicongoa.in Contact :
Dr. Vikas Dhupar, Org.Chairman
Mobile : 098-22-124787
Dr.Francis Akkara, Org.Secretary
Mobile : 098-23-150952
Secretrary can be Contacted At
Dr. Manjunath Rai
Rai Dental Speciality Clinic
K.S. Rao Road
Mangalore-575 001, Karnataka
Phone : +91 9343340700
- Diagnosis and treatment of soft and hard tissue trauma of the oral and maxillofacial
region (jaw fractures, cheek bone fractures, nasal fractures, LeFort fracture, skull
fractures and eye socket fractures).
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic facial pain disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Cosmetic surgery limited to the head and neck: (rhytidectomy/facelift, browlift/blepharoplasty,
otoplasty, rhinoplasty, septoplasty, cheek augmentation, chin augmentation, genioplasty,
neck liposuction, lip enhancement, injectable cosmetic treatments, botox, chemical